Now available is an updated version of Pack Check which helps a final identity check of the patient and blood product at the patient's side immediately before a transfusion.
Aimed at educators, nurses, midwives and students, this popular comprehensive resource includes:
- information for the educator
- information for familiarisation with the blood component label (including both the Codabar and ISBT 128 transition labels)
- an updated checklist for fresh components transfusion administration
- a new checklist for fractionated blood products, and
- eight learning scenarios with patient, pack, prescription and learning activity.
Click here and search 'Pack Check' to download the updated resource.
The bedside transfusion support tool that all residents need has been updated and now includes more tools and resources to promote safe transfusion practice.
The Blood Component Information: An extension of blood component labels (BCI) booklet has been updated and is now available online at transfusion.com.au
From Monday 1 July, we will be introducing new national sample collection guidelines and two new forms which have been developed to facilitate a standard approach to requesting platelet and neutrophil testing/investigations.