Now available is an updated version of Pack Check which helps a final identity check of the patient and blood product at the patient's side immediately before a transfusion.
Aimed at educators, nurses, midwives and students, this popular comprehensive resource includes:
- information for the educator
- information for familiarisation with the blood component label (including both the Codabar and ISBT 128 transition labels)
- an updated checklist for fresh components transfusion administration
- a new checklist for fractionated blood products
- eight learning scenarios with patient, pack, prescription and learning activity, and
- additional questions and answers to extend the learner's knowledge.
Pack Check is designed to teach the correct method for checking a blood component pack before transfusion with the key message being 'pack, patient and paperwork all need to match perfectly'.
Click here and search 'Pack Check' to download the updated resource.