Patient Blood Management Pack - promoting patient blood management and safe transfusion practice
The Blood Service in collaboration with the Tasmanian Health Service has developed a Patient Blood Management (PBM) Pack to promote patient blood management and deliver education materials to senior medical officers, registrars, fellows and consultants.
The following tools are included in the pack:
- Patient blood management overview - an overview and infographic about patient blood management
- Summary of Australian Patient Blood Management Guidelines - a summary of recommendations, practice points and expert opinion points from PBM modules 1 to 6
- Transfusion Checklist - an overview of the transfusion process
- Prescribing red cells, platelets and fresh frozen plasma - guidance for appropriate red cell, platelet and fresh frozen plasma transfusion
- Acute Transfusion Reactions Poster - guidance for identification and management of acute transfusion reactions
- Oral iron choices: a guide for adults - a shared decision-making tool for recommending therapeutic doses of oral iron
- Intravenous iron for prescribers - a checklist for prescribers of IV iron including checklist dialogue with patients.
Let us know what you think about these tools using the Medical Workforce Education Survey feedback form.
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
The PBM packs are only available online. Fill out an expression of interest form if you would like the PBM packs to be printed in future.