Improving identification and management of iron deficiency and anaemia
Lifeblood has developed a free resource for anyone involved in antenatal care to improve the detection and management of iron deficiency and anaemia in pregnant women.
This follows successful collaboration with three health services, using clinical practice improvement (CPI) methodology towards sustained systemic changes to optimise a woman’s iron and haemoglobin at childbirth.
The toolkit includes:
- Haemoglobin Assessment and Optimisation in Maternity flowcharts or via iTransfuse App
- Oral Iron Choices for Maternity
The toolkit includes implementation considerations for change management and allows for local customisation.
Download your copy of the Toolkit for Maternity Blood Management:
Supplementary resources referred to in the toolkit:
- Heads Up - A Pilot is Coming for Maternity Blood Management (Example)
- Maternity Blood Management Presentation
- Maternity Blood Management Audit (online)*
- Audit of Antenatal Iron Deficiency - Data Collection and Results Template
- A guide to taking iron tablets
- Staff Feedback Survey (Example)
*The Maternity Blood Management Audit is a simplified snapshot audit available online in the Lifeblood Audit Tool.
If you would like to order a printed copy (within Australia only) or have any questions, please email email@example.com