Transfusion Update Conference 2017 on Thursday 27 and Friday 28 April presents a unique opportunity to listen to a stellar range of local and international experts showcasing the latest in transfusion practice and medicine.
With more international speakers than any other year, the event at Doltone House, Hyde Park, Sydney, is proudly brought to you by the Blood Service and the Biomedical Excellence for Safer Transfusion (BEST) Collaborative. The BEST Collaborative is a leading international research organisation that works collaboratively to explore ways to improve transfusion-related services.
International speakers for the one-and-a-half day event include;
• Dr Simon Stanworth, Consultant Haematologist, NHS Blood and Transplant and Oxford Radcliffe Hospitals NHS Trust
• Dr Mark Yaser, Professor of Pathology, University of Pittsburgh and member of the Institute for Transfusion Medicine
• Dr Meghan Delaney, Associate Professor, Laboratory Medicine, University of Washington and Medical Director, Transfusion and Apheresis Services, Seattle Children’s Hospital
• Dr Nancy Dunbar, Associate professor, The Geisel School of Medicine and Medical Director, Blood Bank, Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Centre, New Hampshire
• Dr Mark Fung, Director of Clinical Laboratories, University of Vermont Medical Centre and Professor of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, University of Vermont
• Dr Alan Tinmouth, Assistant Professor, Departments of Benign Hematology and Transfusion Medicine, Ottawa Hospital and the University of Ottawa
• Dr Richard Kaufman, Associate Professor of Pathology, Harvard Medical School and Medical Director of Adult Transfusion Medicine Service, Brigham and Women’s Hospital.
It’s not too late to register! Visit https://learn.transfusion.com.au/course/index.php?categoryid=44 for full program and registration details.